Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 is not my year....or is it?

Well, 2009 has not had the best start so far for me.  My company just had a pretty massive lay-off this morning and I (along with several friends) lost my job. :(  I didn't love the job and definitely hated the commute, so it's not the end of the world, but the loss in income will definitely hurt.  So if anyone knows of a good job opening up, let me know! :)

On the plus side, as previously mentioned, I did not like the job or the commute.  If things work out money-wise, I think I would like to take some time to be at home with the kids, get my house in order, and really think about what it is that I want to do "when I grow up."  This time off will allow me to do a lot of thinking and praying.  I'm giving this problem to God and hope that He soon tells me what I should be doing with my life.  

So I guess I just need to be patient and wait and see what is in store for me next!  I'm off to start the laundry! :)  

Jill

p.s. I guess this time off will also allow me to work on my resolution of keeping more up to date with my blog!  (gotta find the positives, no matter how small....) :)

1 comment:

lauriestrey said...

Hi, Jill,
Sorry that you have to go through this. It's so yucky. let me know if there is anythign I can do to help and for sure I will let you know if I hear of any job openings.

Please take care and enjoy some time with your family! Nothing is more important than those precious little people :)

love,
Laurie