Friday, August 14, 2009

Katy is FIVE!

I can't believe it. My little girl turned 5 yesterday. She has grown up so much lately. She starts Kindergarten in less than a month! AHHH!

We had a pretty low-key birthday yesterday. I took the kids with me to Party City to get supplies for the big party on Sunday. Kate had fun helping me pick out prizes for games and decorations for the house/garage. Then we made rice krispie treats with chocolate chips in the middle. The kids loved helping! For snack time we made our own lunchables, then had the rice krispie treats for dessert. :) The kids also helped punch out shapes and make kits for our craft project we have planned for the party. We had Little Ceasars pizza and breadsticks for supper. Yum. Katy opened a present from "Great Janet" (Great Aunt Janet), which she LOVED. She got this awesome coloring/activity book with all wild animal stuff inside and a cool pink cape to wear! So cute. We're saving the rest of the gifts for Sunday so she has lots to open all at once. Fun!

Today we're going to meet Brian at Chipotle for lunch and then it's back to cleaning and getting ready for the party. (my place has never looked so good - I love it!) I'll post pics next week after the party.

No comments: