Thursday, September 3, 2009

Katy is growing up too fast...

We took Katy to her Kindergarten Open House yesterday. Wow. It still hasn't fully hit me that in 6 days, she will be getting on a bus and going to school...all by herself! I think it's going to be a lot harder on me than it is on her. She'll do great, though. She was really excited to see all the fun things in her classroom. She got to meet her new teacher, Mrs. Bauer, who seems to be just the sweetest lady ever. Kate was a little shy around her, but when we came back to the room for one last look before leaving, she had a chance to bond with the aide with a little conversation about their favorite animals.

After the open house, we went out for supper at Applebee's to celebrate my birthday! The kids were a little rambunctious, but we had a fun time anyway. Then we all went to Michael's and I got to look around as much as I wanted to with no complaints or comments from Brian whatsoever. What a great gift! Thanks, Honey. :) I got lots of fun stuff to add to my scrap collection. I can't wait to get it out and start using it!

Well, time to go finish getting ready for the day. (we start out a little late around here...which will have to change starting next week with Kate going to school! Yikes!) Hope everyone has a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!!!

No comments: